Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
We, Long Furlong Primary School, are a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect personal information from you about your child and may receive information about your child from his/her previous school and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data to:
* Support your child’s learning
* Monitor and report on your child’s progress
* Provide appropriate pastoral care
* Assess how well we are doing
Information about you and your child that we hold includes contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information and personal characteristics such as your child’s ethnic group, any special educational needs he or she may have and relevant medical information.
In order to manage administration of school functions as effectively as possible, we make use of third party web-based software which hosts information about your child and, in the case of RM Integris, parents and other carers. The third party software we use is:
* RM Integris – holds all the information about your child that you provide when he or she starts school: name, date of birth, address, medical information, special needs, family information, etc. and also holds the school attendance records.
* Tucasi – used by school and parents for the administration of school meals, educational activities and visits, and the sale of uniform.
* Parents’ Evening System – used by parents to book parents’ evening appointments, book places in after-school clubs, etc.
* Tapestry – used to record assessments and observations for pupils in the Foundation Stage (currently only Reception class)
* ParentMail – facilitates communication between home and school via email and text
* Mathletics (3P Learning) – online learning resource
Please be assured that these systems have military-level encryption, requiring user names and passwords to access them, and the companies concerned do not sell or pass on data. If you have any queries or concerns about the software we use, please contact the school office.
We are required by law to pass some information about your child to our Local Authority (LA) and the Department for Education.
If you want to receive a copy of the information about your child that we hold or share, please contact Rose-Marie Smith or Emma Comer in the school office.
If you need more information about how the LA and DfE store and use your child’s information, then please go to the following websites:
If you cannot access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
* Subject Access Requests (SAR), FIS, PO Box 876, Oxford, OX1 9PB
* Public Communications Unit,Department for Education,Sanctuary Buildings,Great Smith Street, London.SW1P 3BT
Telephone: 0370 000 2288