To book school dinners, parents/carers are strongly encouraged to access their SCOpay account online: https://www.scopay.com/longfurlongpri (an individual link code will be provided when your child joins the school). Please bear in mind that this can’t be done on the day a meal is required; meals MUST be booked at least one day before required. Payment can be made online through the same system via credit or debit card; again, we encourage you to do so wherever possible, but cash or cheque can still be paid via the school office.
We appreciate that some parents/carers are unable to use online systems, for a variety of reasons. Office staff are happy to help guide you through the process, and help guides can be found below, along with Frequently Asked Questions. If you are unable to book online, please speak to a member of office staff, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you have either ordered dinners at the beginning of the week or provided your child with a packed lunch from home. If dinners have not been ordered and a child does not have a packed lunch, we may telephone his or her parents and ask them to bring a lunch in. We never assume that your child will be having the same meal pattern, so it is important that you include this information with every payment.
If you have any queries about administration of school meals, please contact the school office.
Online Administration Help Guides
All our school dinners are prepared on site in the school kitchen using ingredients sourced locally wherever possible; all meat is supplied by Hedges in Abingdon. Our cooks provide two hot main courses, salads, and a dessert, or there is a school packed lunch option. Meals are prepared to provide a healthy diet, and meet the required School Food Standards. Vegetarian and other dietary or cultural requirements can be met – please discuss with the school office staff.
The cost per day for a school dinner for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 is £2.20. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to what is known as “Universal Infant Free School Meals”; we encourage them to have a hot meal, but a school packed lunch is also available. Free school meals will still need to ordered in advance.
Free School Meals
Parents/carers in certain circumstances may be eligible to claim free school dinners for their child(ren); all enquiries are dealt with in total confidence. If your child is eligible, the school receives an annual sum of money from the Government which is intended to help children from lower income families to achieve the very best they can; examples of how the money is spent by the school are:
- Activities in school to support your child’s learning, confidence, self-esteem or social/emotional skills
- Payment for school uniform, or other essential equipment
- Payment for educational activities such as residential trips, class trips, after-school clubs
- Children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 who are eligible for Pupil Premium also receive free school meals (children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 all get free school meals anyway). If you register, your child does not have to have a free school meal if he/she doesn’t want one.
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to apply
If you think you might qualify, complete the form below and return it to the school office. You do not need to send any evidence of your qualifying benefits with the application. The form should be returned to the school office. Please be assured that your application and all the information is private; your child will not be told about it. It will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. If you have any queries at all about claiming, or would like help filling in the form, please do not hesitate to contact school office staff. We appreciate it can sometimes be difficult to talk in private; please indicate if you wish to do so, or email/phone.
Children may bring a snack to eat at playtime; however, we ask that this is a healthy snack e.g. fruit, raisins, breakfast bar etc. We take part in the Government’s free fruit and vegetable scheme and pupils in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be offered a free piece of fruit/veg each day. We also run a Snack Bar during the morning break where pupils may buy healthy snacks or drinks.