The categories of parent/carer information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, address, telephone numbers, email address)
- Characteristics (such as first language and gender)
Why we collect and use this information
We use this data to meet our statutory obligations, to help safeguard the pupils in our care, and to facilitate effective home/school communication.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use parent/carer information under Article 6 (1) (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation: “Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority invested in the controller”.
Special category data is processed under Article 9 (2) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation: “Processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject”.
Collecting parent/carer information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it may be provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing parent/carer data
We hold parent/carer data for the period of time detailed in our “Data Retention Schedule”, which can be found on the school website, or on request from the school office.
Who we share parent/carer information with
We routinely share information with:
- schools that your child attends after leaving us
- our local authority, including health authority
- the Department for Education (DfE)
- RM Integris (the school’s Management Information System)
Parents’ names and email addresses will be shared with the following external organisations:
- SCOpay (Tucasi)
- Tapestry (Early Learning Forum) – Nursery and Reception classes only
- Microsoft Office 365 (email communication/correspondence storage)
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents/carers have the right to request access to information about them that we hold; this is known as a Subject Access Request. To make a request for your personal information please contact the School Business Manager.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the School Business Manager.