The vision is the strategic direction of Long Furlong which involves our governors, staff and the wider school community.
We have our ‘Vision Tree’ at the entrance of the school, which shows our vision is for all members of Long Furlong to:
- be self-motivated, enthusiastic, life-long learners;
- thrive because they feel cared-for, understood and valued;
- care for each other and the world around them.
Our Vision will be achieved by five strategic aims (which can be seen on the branches of the Vision Tree ):
- a caring and enabling environment;
- to be aspirational and ambitious;
- a progressive and communicative school that is outward looking;
- empowered leadership (pupils and adults);
- determined professionalism.
In school we promote a set of values which we believe enable children to become effective learners and responsible citizens. We have identified the following list as our five core values:
The staff promote these values by modelling them at all times, through assemblies, through curriculum teaching, e.g. PHSE, and by implementing the school’s Behaviour Policy (located on the Policies & Procedures page).