Thank you for your interest in Long Furlong School. Please note that, in line with our fair and safe recruitment policies, we are unable to accept or hold CVs or other unsolicited applications.
PPA TEACHER, 0.4 FTE (2 full days per week)
Start Date: week commencing 20th April 2020
Temporary in the first instance Summer term 2020
Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale: £24,373 – £40,490
Long Furlong School is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented teacher to be responsible for PPA cover for classes in Key Stages 1 and 2. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching a variety of year groups, and the ability to plan and deliver a range of subjects. The post is initially for two full days per week in the summer term (days to be agreed between the school and the successfully applicant, with Wednesdays and Thursdays being preferred).
Long Furlong is a vibrant, friendly school with delightful children, committed and hardworking staff, and supportive governors and parents/carers. In November 2017 we were judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school where “Pupils enjoy the many subjects and topics they study”, “Staff and parents are unanimous in their views that pupils feel safe and that the school does everything possible to protect pupils” and “There is a wonderful sense of community in the school where everyone is welcome and supported”.
We can offer:
- Supportive colleagues and governors
- Continuing professional development to support the successful applicant in carrying out their duties
- Parents who actively support their children’s learning in a variety of ways
- A modern, well-resourced and easily accessible school building
The successful candidate must be able to:
- work closely with colleagues as part of a friendly and supportive team
- provide creative, enriching, learning opportunities,
- demonstrate high expectations of learning and behaviour
- demonstrate an ability to nurture and support all pupils, including those with complex learning, emotional or other needs
- demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards continuing school improvement
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please telephone our school office to arrange a suitable time – 01235 532358.
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th February 2020, 12:00 pm. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early
Interviews: Friday 28th February 2020
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Long Furlong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.