Thank you for your interest in Long Furlong School. Please note that, in line with our fair and safe recruitment policies, we are unable to accept or hold CVs or other unsolicited applications.
TEACHING ASSISTANT, EARLY YEARS
Temporary/Part-time (Fridays, term-time only)
Oxfordshire pay grade: 4 (£9.81 – £10.01 per hour; approx. £2,600 per year pro rata)
We have an exciting opportunity to join a team of staff who are keen to build on our existing good practice and provide children with a wonderful learning experience. We wish to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and committed Teaching Assistant to work in an Early Years class, providing general learning support.
We are looking for someone very special who:
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with children, staff and parents
- Has a talent for nurturing the emotional wellbeing of children
- Has patience, resilience and a positive mindset
- Is able to assist pupils in their day to day learning
- Can promote independence, and employ strategies to recognise and reward positive behaviour
We can offer:
- Supportive colleagues and governors
- Training to support the successful applicant in carrying out the duties
- Parents who actively support their children’s learning in a variety of ways
- A modern, well-resourced and easily accessible school building
This post is ideally suited to someone who can quickly establish a good rapport with pupils and colleagues.
Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange visits at the present time; please contact the school office on 01235 532358 if you have any queries about the role. Applications can only be accepted on Oxfordshire County Council’s application form, which should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 12th February 2021, 12:00pm
Interview date: To be arranged (interviews will take place remotely)
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.
This post is subject to a ‘variable hours’ clause where the contracted hours can be reduced by a third. This enables schools to manage the fluctuations in pupils’ needs that can occur from one year to the next.