Thank you for your interest in Long Furlong School. Please note that, in line with our fair and safe recruitment policies, we are unable to accept or hold CVs or other unsolicited applications.
CLASS TEACHER, FULL TIME
Start Date: September 2019
Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale: £23,720 – £39,406
Long Furlong School is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented teacher for our Year 6 class. We are looking for someone with strengths across the Primary curriculum; the successful candidate would be expected to lead a curriculum area across the school. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers; a successful NQT applicant would be well-supported.
Long Furlong is a vibrant, friendly school with delightful children, committed and hardworking staff, and supportive governors and parents/carers. In November 2017 we were judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school where “Pupils enjoy the many subjects and topics they study”, “Staff and parents are unanimous in their views that pupils feel safe and that the school does everything possible to protect pupils” and “There is a wonderful sense of community in the school where everyone is welcome and supported”.
We can offer:
- Highly supportive colleagues and governors
- Continuing professional development to support the successful applicant in carrying out the duties, including opportunities in other Primary Key Stages
- Parents/carers who actively support their children’s learning in a variety of ways
- A modern, well-resourced and easily accessible school building
The successful candidate must be able to:
- provide creative, enriching, learning opportunities,
- demonstrate high expectations of learning and behaviour
- demonstrate an ability to nurture and support all pupils, including those with complex learning, emotional or other needs
- demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills
- work closely with colleagues as part of a friendly and supportive team
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards continuing school improvement
You will be encouraged to play a full part in the life of the school community.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please telephone our school office to arrange a suitable time.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Long Furlong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th June 2019, 12:00 pm. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early
Interviews: Week beginning 10th June 2019